Friday, January 8, 2010

the start of school..

So, my classes don't technically start until the 18th of January. I am fully aware that I, unlike many others, still have 10 days of "rest and relaxation" (boredom) before getting slammed with tons and tons of reading. However, this morning, I woke up to the sound of a man slamming on my door then nicely ringing my doorbell 3 times. My books had arrived. I would much rather an owl coming down my chimney or something along those lines to let me know that school is just around the corner. Instead, I woke up startled, then realized what it was. I peaked out my window to see if he was waiting for me to sign something, the nice man who had brought school to me was already pulling away.. ring and run.. i use to play that game when i was little, he gets paid to play it?! About an hour later I got up to bring this rather large package in from the cold.. and trust me, it's cold. In case my floor wasn't messy enough.. I now have 5 rather large books strewn across it, along with a case of DVD's ($100 dvd's might i add) and the big box they came in. Classes don't start for ten days.. but they woke me up today.

All this being said, aside from the fact that 'school' means a lot of hw, papers, beyond thinkable amounts of reading, etc., I am actually excited about classes starting. Perhaps I am more excited about them ending, and they have to start before they can end.. either way, I am excited! I fully intend to stay ahead this semester. I have even already started in an attempt to be ahead!

Excited as I may be, I'm tired of writing about school.. hehe..
So back to the randomness I normally post about...

I am going to Raleigh NC this weekend!! I am meeting Caleb at a church that our friend Richard has been working at and we are helping lead worship Sunday morning!! So if you think about it, be prayin for us!! I am a little nervous.. I wasn't at all until the word 'microphone' was mentioned.. and it only grew as I was told how excited the entire church is about us coming!! It should be awesome though!! I love singing, although I am not the most confident when it comes to singing, I do enjoy it, and I love using my voice to worship God!

I work tonight. People seem to be liking Domino's more and more in the Forest, VA area.. which is good! As long as we are staffed for it! College's aren't back yet, so perhaps we will get to close ontime! Saturday morning I get to leave for Raleigh, so if I can make it through tonight, I have that to look forward to!

I cut my hair this week, got a pedicure, AND a manicure! :) (i felt really girly aftwerwards..haha..more than usualy - especially playin frisbee last night with NAILS! i played well though!)

Enjoy your weekend!

God in my learning, Be my Everything!
its possible
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment